April 4-8, 2022 is World Health Worker Week!
Every day, millions of health workers are fighting COVID-19 across the globe and put themselves and their families at risk to treat patients and contain the spread of this disease.
Now more than ever, we should extend our support to our medical frontliners and let them know that we are all in this together.
5 WAYS TO SUPPORT OUR HEALTHCARE HEROES
1. Get vaccinated/boosted. Getting the COVID-19 vaccine is not only our responsibility to the community but it is best thing you can do to support healthcare heroes. Here 's an advisory from the World Health Organization on the safety and efficacy of available vaccines.
2. Follow safety protocols. We may have observed easing restrictions but it is not a time to be lenient in terms of safety and hygiene practices. Wear masks at all times, observe physical distancing, and wash hands regularly.
3. Show appreciation. Thank a healthcare worker you know and tell them how much you appreciate them. Some would appreciate warm meals during their on-duty days.
4. Relieve their mental load. Let's not contribute to the stress they're experiencing. For sure they heard enough of their patients' fear and anxiety. Find an outlet of your worries, or better yet, seek the counsel of a professional.
5. Ask. Everyone’s needs are different. If you are not sure how you can support a healthcare worker you know, then the best way is to ask.
To our healthcare heroes, we appreciate you!
We thank you for the long hours of work, the health risks you take, sleepless nights, and the rest of your personal sacrifices. We'll continue to rally for better healthcare support to protect your welfare now during the pandemic and in the long run.